ATTENTION! PARENTS OF STUDENTS WITH MEDICATION IN THE HEALTH ROOM
All medications in the health room will need to be picked up by a parent no later than Friday, June 21 by 1 pm. Any medication remaining will be disposed of properly.
Free Summer Fun for Families
Summer break is just two weeks away. Take a look at all the summer fun available to families for FREE!
Upcoming HCPSS Boundary Review Process
This past January, the Board of Education directed that HCPSS initiate a systemwide school boundary review, which could potentially impact any or all of the 74 comprehensive schools in our county. This review will begin on June 13 with the presentation of the 2019 Feasibility Study and is critical due to population growth that has resulted in crowding at many schools while schools in other areas are underutilized.
Families are encouraged to remain informed and engaged throughout the process and there will be multiple opportunities for you to participate. As Superintendent Dr. Michael Martirano said earlier this week, a successful outcome for this process depends directly on the level of respect, empathy and careful listening that we as adults model for our children. We must remember that they will follow our lead in responding positively to the challenges and changes that are inevitable throughout life. I ask our community to practice civility during what can be an emotional process.
Please be sure to visit the boundary review page on the HCPSS website for more information, resources, a timeline, and ways to participate. Additionally, HCPSS staff would like your questions related specifically to the way the boundary review process is being conducted and communication and engagement efforts.
Deep Run End of Year Rocky Fest
Our Deep Run families are invited to join us for RockyFest 2019! RockyFest will serve as our Quarter Four PBIS Celebration/End of Year Picnic. The celebration will be a "pumped up" version of our Pumped Up Recess celebration which is a student favorite. We will have additional recess equipment, various stations/activities, music, bubbles, chalk, dancing and more available for our students, staff and families to play with together. Listed below are some important RockyFest 2019 details...
• Friday, 6/7 - PreK RECC "Fun in the Sun" (takes the place of RockyFest)
• Friday, 6/7 @ 12:30-3:00 - Grade 5 at Waterloo Park - End of Elementary School Celebration (takes the place of RockyFest)
• Tuesday, 6/11 @ 2:00-3:30 - Grade 3
• Friday, 6/14 @ 2:00-3:30 - Grade 4
• Monday, 6/17 @ 2:00-3:30 - Grade 2
• Wednesday 6/19 @ 10:30-12:00 - Kindergarten (3 Hour Early Dismissal)
• Thursday, 6/20 @ 9:30-10:50 - Grade 1 (3 Hour Early Dismissal)
• Students will be served lunch at their regularly scheduled times on their designated RockyFest day.
• Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle labeled with their name to RockyFest.
• Each student will be provided a popsicle treat.
• RockyFest will take place on our school playground and fields.
◦ The 5th grade celebration will take place at Waterloo Park.
• Depending on the temperature, the planned activities may have to be altered or moved to the classroom if the Heat Index rises above 95 degrees.
Preparing for RockyFest
• Students can bring...
◦ a hat to wear outside.
◦ a blanket or towel to sit on to talk with friends, relax, enjoy their popsicles, and hydrate.
◦ sunscreen but need to have a note from their parents giving them permission to apply it.
Families, please sign in with the front office upon arrival to receive a visitor badge. We hope to see you there!
Lost and Found
All lost & found items not claimed by Friday, June 7th will be donated. The lost & found bin is located in our main hallway near the cafeteria.
Arrival and Dismissal Reminders
We encourage our families to walk to school if they live in our walker zone. If you drive, please review the attached Deep Run Car Loop flyer, available in English & Spanish, for an overview on how to ensure safe, friendly, and efficient arrival and dismissal procedures for our school community. Please use the Car Loop if you drive. Police are enforcing no parking areas, fire lanes, and illegal U-turns. Please drive SAFE--our children are counting on you!
Online registration is now open for the 2019-2020 school year! Online registrations can be finalized in person at school.
Parents/guardians of children who will be five as of September 1, 2019 must enroll their children in kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year. Parents may begin the enrollment process online, followed by completion of the registration process at Deep Run Elementary. Online registration is not required and parents may elect to complete the full registration in person.
This link provides detailed information about the kindergarten registration process.
More information about enrollment in HCPSS can be found here.
Friday, March 15th is the last day for walk in kindergarten registration between the hours of 9:30 am and 3:00 PM. K registrations can be completed after March 15 by appointment only - please call 410-313-5000 if you need to schedule a time.
Pre-K applications for 2019-2020 and processing will begin the week of March 18th.