Walk and Bike to School at Deep Run is October 10th
We invite you to walk or bike to Deep Run with your child on October 10th. Walk & Bike to School Day is an annual event celebrated around the world that promotes and celebrates several of our Wellness and Green School initiatives such as…
- increasing physical activity!
- reinforcing safe pedestrian skills!
- raising awareness of our walkable community!
- highlighting the importance of a clean and safe environment!
- reducing traffic congestion, pollution & speed near our school!
- reducing, reusing, & recycling! Bring us used markers, glue sticks, & old clothing!
- providing another opportunity for our learning community to come together!
Our DRES staff members will line our sidewalks to monitor safety & celebrate with our students & families! Students can earn Bear Bucks, Rocky the Ranger is scheduled to appear, music will fill the air, and lots of surprises are planned!
Walkers: Our DRES staff members will line Old Waterloo Road to celebrate our walkers and bike riders who walk and bike to school every day.
Car Riders: We encourage our car riders to walk to school with family, friends and/or neighbors or park away from our school grounds and walk at least a portion of their morning “commute” to school.
Bus Riders: Students receiving bus service will be dropped off at Waterloo Park and will walk along our rear sidewalks and blacktop area in order to join in on the fun.